Monday 1 October 2012

People At Work

We were set a little task today in our lectures to photograph people at work. I headed out to the High Street and hit the Charity shops, I went to find people that were working to help others. These are the results I got, my favourite two images.

When I first went in to this shop - Oxfam (it was very well hidden) I wasn't entirely convinced I would be able to shoot. It turns out however, that this woman knows a lot about photography and so was able to tell us some stories about her own personal experiences - including one about a friend which had her in stitches, as you can see.

This lady was very lovely, and very softly spoken, to stereotype she's the type of lady I would expect to find in a charity shop, she was lovely to talk to as well, and very interested in what we were doing.

In order to keep these portraits as natural as possible, I had Ellie to talk to them and keep them distracted whilst I was taking photos, this way they payed less attention to the camera and became less selfconcious.