Saturday 1 December 2012

The Annual Tea Dance

Oh goodness me, this was possibly the cutest, most lovely event I've ever been too never mind photographed. I had an absolute ball. And so did all the guests - it was great fun. The Mayor even popped along to show off his moves..


I was very impressed with the Mayor's dancing skills.

Some of the ladies dancing the afternoon away with students. This is one of my favourites from the afternoon even if it is a tad yellowy.

If I remember rightly, this was the barn dance. 

I don't remember which dance this was but these two were very much enjoying their dance. I really the depth of field on this too. 


A long shot of the table to the left. Above and Below the same with a serving of tea.



Picking out a lucky raffle winner..


Two of the happy RAG raffle winners, both with a nice bottle each ready for Christmas.


I know this isn't a very good photo technically but this student asked the gentleman to dance and it made me smile, and miss my Bingo crew back home as well. 

Now this pair were very into their dancing and I don't think they left the dance floor very often. I love the stance in this shot, even with the slight motion blur. 

I managed to sneak up to a high point somewhere (still not sure where..) and get a nice overview of the dance floor and the guests. 


Our VC also paid a visit to the Tea Dance, making the guest feel welcome as he and the SU President made a speech.


Another favourite of mine, I love the repetition in this image with the couple behind in a very similar pose.

One talented keyboard player.

This very happy couple asked me to take their photograph as they said they "couldn't remember the last time they had such fun dancing". Always a nice thing to hear. 

I really did enjoy my afternoon at the Tea Dance, I don't even know what else to say. I took so many photos, but these are my favourites. 

Now this afternoon, well I have to head back up to Hesters Way and shoot some more for my stories. Last minute I know, but I'm looking forward to shooting with flash - something I've put off before now due to lack of experience and unsurity (if that's even a word) or the reaction I'll get. Flash can seem intrusive.