Tuesday 22 January 2013

More Snow Pictures

...Only these ones were taken at night, oooh!

Yeah, I headed out at night to photograph the snow, hoping this way I could make my shots more exciting. It's so hard to make snow look different and interesting. It's just a white blanket on everything.


We headed out and first came across some bike racks with only a couple of bikes locked to. I'm really pleased with how all of these photos turned out, especially the third one featured below. 



Then I found some pretty interesting patches of trees and plants to photograph snowy close ups of. I love these because they don't feature just a blanket of snow on something.



We then bumped in to some people playing and messing about in the snow, I love the guy hiding out in the tree. 


And we ended the night building our own snowman...


But only managed the head, so meet Boris. Boris the snowman's head. I love the portrait below.


But none of the photos above do I love as much as this one:


I absolutely adore this photo, the contrast between the red and the white. Never mind the way the light only highlights the small patch to being pure white. I love it, definite favourite.

White balance was definitely an issue shooting snow at night, especially with all the floodlights and street lamps that were on but I'm happy with how all the photos shown have come out.